(click pictures to enlarge)
The downtown amphitheater is envisioned as an anchor to downtown Thomasville for the Creative District. It serves the community as a fully functioning city park and will have convenient access to the Community Trail.
The concept of a downtown amphitheater was first conceived as part of the Creative District planning session in 2014. It was included in the downtown strategic planning session that was conducted in the spring of 2016.
- Amphitheater and trailhead will together serve as the main entry to the Community Trail
- Completed project will function as a complete park and anchor the Creative District in downtown Thomasville
- Intended for festivals and public gatherings and available for public use
- Includes public restroom facilities for downtown area
- $1.9 million facility.
- Completion date – April 2017.