Beginning Monday, January 30, City of Thomasville contractors will begin resurfacing several streets throughout Thomasville, with work expected to take up to 60 days, weather permitting. Streets that will be resurfaced include:
- Augusta Avenue – from South Street to Orange Street
- Bartow Street – from West Jackson Street to Gordon Avenue
- Fern Street – from Fletcher Street to Magnolia Street
- Hopkins Street – from Fletcher Street to Lester Street
- Jones Street – from Fletcher Street to Lester Street
- Kings Drive – from Remington Avenue to Royal Avenue
- Montrose Drive – from Myrtle Drive to Ridgecrest Drive
- Mulberry Street – from Railroad Avenue to Fletcher Street
- North Hansell Street – from East Calhoun Street to East Webster Street
- Railroad Avenue – from West Jackson Street to Mulberry Street
- South Stevens Street – from Lester Street to Wright Street
- Wright Street – from Brighton Street to South Street
- Cecil Street – from Smith Avenue to Reid Street
There will be temporary lane closures while work is underway; however, roadways will remain open to local traffic.
For more information about this project, please call the City of Thomasville’s Engineering Department at 229-227-7009.