The City of Thomasville will be obtaining pavement samples along several roadways beginning Monday, May 20. The samples are being gathered in preparation for future resurfacing plans. The samples will be collected next week, weather permitting, from the following roadways:
- Felix Street from Burns Street to Martin Luther King Jr. Drive
- Fletcher Street from Bartow Street to West Remington Avenue
- Cairo Road from the 319 Bypass to North Boulevard
- Grant Street from Park Avenue to Grady Street
- North College Street from Law Street to West Jackson Street
The work will take place Monday, May 20 through Friday, May 24 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Traffic flow will be reduced to one lane of traffic during this time with flagmen on site assisting with traffic flow in the identified areas. Travelers are encouraged to exercise caution and to be prepared for delays or alternate routes while work is being completed.