Why Choose Natural Gas?
Top 10 Reasons to Choose Natural Gas
Natural gas, probably most commonly known for its residential applications, is increasingly the fuel of choice in today's homes. Below are the top 10 reasons to choose natural gas for your home.
- Natural gas water heaters recover up to 40% faster than electric models.
- Natural gas ranges cook food faster with better heat control.
- Natural gas dryers produce less static cling.
- Never worry about hauling, chopping or storing wood with a natural gas fireplace.
- Natural gas heat feels warmer than heat produced by an electric heat pump.
- A natural gas fireplace can warm a room much faster than a wood-burning fireplace.
- Natural gas costs less to use in your home than electricity, heating oil, propane or kerosene. On average, electricity costs almost four times more than natural gas.
- You pay for natural gas after you use it, not before.
- Nearly 85% of the natural gas consumed in the United States is produced within U.S. borders.
- The remaining supply comes from Canada.
Simply put - natural gas is the cleanest-burning energy source for your home. In most applications, the use of natural gas produces:
- Less sulfur dioxide (the primary precursor of acid rain);
- Less nitrogen oxides (the primary precursor of smog); and
- Less particulate matter (which can affect health and visibility) than oil or coal.
- Natural gas is highly efficient.
- About 90% of the natural gas produced is delivered to customers as useful energy. In contrast, only about 27%of the energy converted to electricity reaches consumers.
- By using energy-efficient gas appliances you are doing your part to conserve our natural resources.
- Natural gas can do more than heat your home. It can be used for water heating, clothes drying, cooking, and mood-setting fireplaces. It can also be used outdoors for barbecuing, gas lighting, and even to heat your swimming pool or hot tub.
- Natural gas is piped directly into your home. It's always there when you need it and you never have to worry about running out of fuel or arranging for deliveries.
- Adding a natural gas service with efficient gas appliances to your home will pay dividends down the road when you decide it's time to move - more and more people looking to buy a home prefer natural gas.
- The U.S. natural gas industry spends more than $4 billion per year on safety-related programs and is proud of its outstanding safety record.