The City Parks are public place and open for the enjoyment everyone. Call (229) 227-7089 for more information or with any questions regarding the reservation process.
In order to maintain their accessibility and natural beauty, we ask that you cooperate with the following rules and regulations:
- Park facilities cannot be subleased. Due to the fact that the parks are public property, in NO instance may a fee be charged to enter the facility. NO fundraising is allowed in ANY City of Thomasville park or anywhere on the park premises.
- The City of Thomasville reserves the right to reject or refuse any reservation request.
- ABSOLUTLEY NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES MAY BE POSSESSED OR CONSUMED IN THE CITY OF THOMASVILLE PARKS!This applies to either open or unopened containers. There are NO exceptions and violators will be prosecuted.
- Use of microphones, musical devices, or any amplified sound must be in compliance with the City’s noise ordinance (a copy is available upon request).
- The use of inflatable or motorized carnival type activities is prohibited at all City parks.
- The City reserves the right to require supervision or security at the expense of the person or organization reserving the use of a pavillion or gazebo. For large gatherings, an outdoor event permit may be required. Information and forms for such permits can be obtained at the City Administration Building. For more information, call (229) 227-7089.
- Specific prior permission is required for decorations, alterations to fixtures, walls, etc. or the posting of signs. NO permission will be granted for any nails or staples to be used. Stakes may not be driven in the ground at any park. ANY tape or push pins must be removed at the end of the activity.
- Staked tents are NOT permitted on the grassy and/or adjacent area at The Big Oak or The Rose Garden. For placement of tables, chairs or “freestanding” tents on the grassy and/or adjacent area at The Big Oak or The Rose Garden, contact Public Works at (229) 227-7025 for permission and location restrictions. Please be aware that due to the limited space, there is a limit of no more than 10 chairs that can be used at the Rose Garden Gazebo.
- NO confetti of any kind is permitted to be used in City parks. This includes, but is not limited to, confetti cannons, flower petals, paper or metallic confetti, rice, etc.
- Any person or organization reserving a pavillion or gazebo is responsible for proper cleanup of the reserved facility following the event. Please note that should the park require excessive maintenance following your event, you may be charged a clean-up fee. If you need extra trash receptacles for your event, please contact the Solid Waste Division at (229) 227-7092. Additional fees will be charged for this service and will be the responsibility for the reserving party.
- The City of Thomasville parks are considered public places. In the event other people show up at the facility that are not in your party, the reserving party does not have the authority to vacate them from the premises. The reserving party may request others not with their party to move. Should the other party disagree, the reserving party may contact the non-emergency number for the Thomasville Police Department, (229) 226-2101. Be sure you have the Park Permit with you to confirm your reservation. Please note that when making a reservation, you are in fact reserving specific structures and that portion of the park where they are located. All city parks are public property. Your reservation does not constitute exclusive use of the entire park.
- The City cannot be responsible for decorations, special provisions, or coordinating any event including weddings. The City cannot guarantee the roses will be in bloom for any event.
- If you have any problems after business hours or on weekends, please call (229) 226-2101.
- Except for small electric trolling motors, boats with motors are not allowed on Cherokee Lake.
- During the month of APRIL The Big Oak Gazebo & The Rose Garden Gazebo will NOT be reserved after the 2nd weekend of the month due to the Rose Festival activities .
- Failure to follow this policy could result in future reservation requests to be denied.