925 Davenport Drive
Thomasville, GA 31792
(229) 227-3397 (Fax)
Self Drop-Off Recycling Center
1300 Block of Remington Avenue (behind the Fire Rescue Station in the Butler Mason YMCA parking lot)
Accepted Items include the following:
- Metal – Steel, Tin, Aluminum, Iron, Brass, Copper
Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. on Saturdays, closed on Sundays
Tips for Recycling
- Please ensure that the recyclables are clean and free from food and other waste material.
- Please flatten all cardboard boxes and remove staples, tape and other materials prior to placing them in the bins.
- For all recyclables, be sure to emply bags that are used to transport materials into the container; DO NOT place bags in the bins.
- Items that are NOT accepted include glass, all plastics, bubble wrap and protective air-filled packaging wrap, popcorn packing and styrofoam. Items such as clothing, mattresses, household appliances, electronics and household chemicals are not accepted unless it is during a special recycling event.
Includes all major household appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, washing machines, dryers and water heaters. Place your items at the curb the day before your scheduled pick up. You may have up to three (3) items picked up each month. To schedule your pick up, please call the Solid Waste Department at (229) 227-7092,
Includes computers, monitors, mice, printers, radios, cell phones, DVD players, fax machines and hand held devices. The Solid Waste Department holds electronics recycling events as a way for the community to properly dispose of electronic items which contain hazardous materials such as lead, mercury, arsenic and cadmium. For more information, please call (229) 227-7092.
During the month of April, the City of Thomasville offers customers free disposal of residential trash. The drop off sites are TBD (to be determined) and are published via media (no contractors please). The following items are accepted: beds, furniture, stoves, chairs, electric and non-electric appliances and other bulky items. We not accept roofing materials, oil-based products, liquids, tires, trees or shrubs.
Bring One for the Chipper
Christmas tree recycling is held in conjunction with the Department of Community Affair’s Keep Thomas County Beautiful “Bring One for the Chipper” program. The event date is usually the 1st or 2nd Saturday of January. The mulch from these trees is used for playgrounds, local government beautification projects, and individual yards. You may bring your cut, undecorated tree to the West Remington Recycling Center. As a gift for recycling your Christmas tree, seedlings are distributed while supplies last.