The City of Thomasville provides each household within our city limits with a 96 gallon garbage container. The container is emptied once a week on a regular schedule. Additional containers are available at an extra cost.
Please note the following tips:
- City of Thomasville residents – On your designated pickup day, we will pull your container to the curb, empty the container, and return your container to a location within six feet of the side or back of your home. Please make sure that your container is in an unlocked, safe location that is easily accessible to the garbage collectors.
- Thomas County residents – On your designated pickup day, you will need to roll your container to the curb by 7:00 a.m. After your container has been emptied, you will need to roll the container back to its preferred spot.
- All residents - Please make sure that the lid on your container is completely closed. Otherwise, the contents may spill into the street when emptied.
- The vehicle we use actually grabs the container to empty its contents; therefore, we can only service City of Thomasville containers.
- Please make sure that all of your garbage is inside the container. We cannot pick up items beside or on top of the container unless you have purchased one of our Prepaid Refuse Strips. These are available in the Cashier’s office located at 111 Victoria Place. The cost is currently $2.10 per strip.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to keep their container clean.
- Please report any problems, such as broken lids, wheels and cracked containers to the Solid Waste Division at (229) 227-7092.
Yard waste is picked up approximately every fourteen (14) days. Yard waste includes the following:
- Grass cuttings
- Pine straw
- Shrub trimmings and similar vegetative matter
- Small limbs and trees no longer than six (6) feet in length and four (4) inches in diameter.
When preparing your yard waste for disposal, we ask that you create compact piles of vegetative matter only. Bagging your waste is not mandatory, but if you choose to, it must be free of all household waste and MSW. Because of EPA regulations, we cannot pick up yard waste that is placed in non-biodegradable plastic bags, cardboard boxes, or paper bags. For more information, please call our office at 227-7092.
Yard Debris – Special Pick-Up
- For larger piles of yard trash, there will be an extra charge of $34 to resident paid in advance. Payment is made at Cashier’s office – 111 Victoria Place.
- To remove yard debris for a contracted service, the charge is $56.65 paid in advance.
- Should the pile removal require more than our truck can hold, we will remove what we can carry in one load and advise you of what it will cost to remove the remainder – paid in advance.
Special Pick-Up Service
Special pick-up service is designed for the collection of white goods (appliances), construction materials, and furniture along with trees or limbs no longer than six (6) feet in length and/or four (4) inches in diameter. Please contact us at (229) 227-7092 to request a free estimate of the cost of disposal. Payment for the service is paid in advance at our Cashier’s office located at 111 Victoria Place (Click here to submit request for service).
Roll Off Service
Whether you have a construction or clean-up project, Solid Waste has the right size container. We offer Roll-Off containers in three (3) sizes – 20, 30, and 40 cubic yards.
Click here to see descriptions and the dimensions of our containers. The rental rate is the same for all sized containers; however, the setup and haul fee varies depending on the delivery location.