COVID-19 Preparedness & Response
What You Need to Know
We ask all citizens to do their part to help control the spread of this virus by closely following all guidelines issued by the Georgia Department of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control.
City of Thomasville Operational Update
Beginning January 6, 2022, the Administration Building will be temporarily closed to the public. Other City of Thomasville buildings will remain open.
Changes to Services
- Customer Service: Beginning January 6, 2022, the City of Thomasville Administration Building will be temporarily closed to the public. City staff will be onsite and available via phone and drive-thru. There are many ways for you to conduct business with the City online or by phone.
- Customer Payments: Customer payments are accepted as follows:
- Online using Utilities Online
- At 111 Victoria Place using our drive-thru or payment drop boxes
- Through our Interactive Voice Response system (IVR) by calling (229) 227-7001, selecting option 2, then option 1 (your 10-digit account number and PIN will be needed)
- New Accounts:
- Applications for new accounts for both commercial and residential customers can be submitted online. Documentation may be uploaded from the online application.
- Transferring Services:
- Transferring your services to a new location can be accomplished by calling (229) 227-7001.
- Account Disconnections: If you wish to discontinue your services, please call our office at (229) 227-7001. Most disconnections can be completed by telephone, and specific instructions will be given for equipment returns.
- CNSNext Services: Most requests for upgrades to Internet and video service can be accomplished by calling our offices at (229) 227-7001. If you are a commercial customer, please call our office to discuss options for establishing services.
Solid Waste: Solid Waste pick-up is available curbside. Click here to view a map of collection days.
Recycling: The Self-Recycling Center located in the 1300 block of Remington Avenue behind the Thomas County EMS Station is open and accepts aluminum/metal cans and cardboard. Please pay special attention to signage in the recycling area to limit contamination of recyclable material. For location and hours of operation, click here.
Payments for Utility Services: We understand the COVID-19 situation is uncertain for many of our customers. We also understand that our customers need access to their utility services. We will work with customers who have had difficulty paying their bill to work out payment arrangements for their outstanding balance. If you have questions about your account, please call us at (229) 227-7001.