COVID-19 Preparedness & Response
What You Need to Know
We ask all citizens to do their part to help control the spread of this virus by closely following all guidelines issued by the Georgia Department of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control.
City of Thomasville Operational Update
- City of Thomasville buildings are now open to the public. Masks and temperature checks are required when entering all City of Thomasville buildings. Social distancing is also required.
Changes to Services
Customer Service: Our buildings are now open to the public. We encourage our customers to make an appointment for in-person service by calling (229) 227-7001. If you prefer, there are many ways for you to conduct business with the City online or by phone.
- Customer Payments: Customer payments are accepted as follows:
- Online using Utilities Online
- In person at 111 Victoria Place using our drive-thru or payment drop box located in the drive-thru
- In person at 111 Victoria Place in the Payment Center or by using the drop box located in the vestibule next to the elevator
- Through our Interactive Voice Response system (IVR) by calling (229) 227-7001, selecting option 2, then option 1 (your 10-digit account number and PIN will be needed)
- New Accounts:
- Applications for new accounts for both commercial and residential customers can be submitted online. Documentation may be uploaded from the online application.
- In person at 111 Victoria Place
- Transferring Services:
- Transferring your services to a new location can be accomplished by calling (229) 227-7001.
- In person at 111 Victoria Place
- Account Disconnections: If you wish to discontinue your services, please call our office at (229) 227-7001. Most disconnections can be completed by telephone, and specific instructions will be given for equipment returns.
- CNSNext Services: Most requests for upgrades to Internet and video service can be accomplished by calling our offices at (229) 227-7001. If you are a commercial customer, please call our office to discuss options for establishing services.
Building Permits: To download Building Permit forms, click here. Forms can be returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need assistance, call (229) 227-6983 or (229)227-7053. Please note that the Building Permit Department is now located at the Administration Building at 111 Victoria Place.
Solid Waste: Solid Waste pick up is available curbside. Click here to view a map of collection days.
Recycling: The Self-Recycling Center located at in the 1300 block of Remington Avenue is open and accepting aluminum/metal cans and cardboard. Please pay special attention to signage in the recycling area to limit contamination of recyclable material. For location and hours of operation, click here.
Payments for Utility Services: We understand the COVID-19 situation is uncertain for many of our customers. We also understand that our customers need access to their utility services. We will work with customers who have had difficulty paying their bill to work out payment arrangements for their outstanding balance. If you have questions about your account, please call us at (229) 227-7001.
- The Community Outreach Training Center (COTC) CARES Program is now accepting applications for COVID-19 emergency relief funds for qualified applicants living within the Thomasville city limits. Funding is made possible through the City of Thomasville. COTC can provide assistance with:
- Housing payments
- Utilities payments
- Eviction prevention
- Personal Protective Equipment
- And much more
- In-person appointments are available (no walk-ins) Monday – Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at COTC, 500 West Washington Street.
- To make an appointment or for more information, visit cotccares.org or call (229) 233-8075 or (229) 236-8076. Masks are required for your appoinment.