COVID-19 Preparedness & Response
The City of Thomasville has been closely monitoring the recent reports and information on COVID-19, commonly referred to as coronavirus, over the last several weeks. While the City is not the public health organization for our area, we have been working closely to learn more information from our public health partners. The City of Thomasville, like you, is working to prepare for the spread of illness over the coming weeks and months.
What You Need to Know
What this Means for the City of Thomasville
- All City of Thomasville buildings are closed to the public at this time. Please click on “Changes to Services” in the navigation to the left to find out the many ways you can continue doing business with the City of Thomasville.
- Municipal Court will be closed to the public. Defendants scheduled to appear should follow the schedule listed below.
- Cases scheduled to appear April 8 have been rescheduled for August 12
- Cases scheduled to appear June 3 have been rescheduled for September 2
- Cases scheduled to appear July 8 have been rescheduled for September 16
- The deadline for purchasing or obtaining an occupational tax license is extended to 15 days after the State of Georgia’s state of emergency expires.
- City-sponsored events are postponed until further notice. This includes the First Friday Sip and Strolls.
Changes to Services
Customer Service: While our buildings are closed to the public, there are many ways you can continue doing business with the City.
- Customer Payments: Customer payments are accepted as follows:
- In person at 111 Victoria Place using our drive-thru or payment drop box location
- Online using Utilities Online
- Through our Interactive Voice Response system (IVR) by calling (229) 227-7001, selecting option 2, then option 1 (your 10-digit account number and PIN will be needed)
- New Accounts: Applications for new accounts for both commercial and residential customers can be submitted online. Documentation may be uploaded from the online application.
- Transferring Services: Transferring your services to a new location can be accomplished by completing the application for service.
- Account Disconnections: If you wish to discontinue your services, please call our office at (229) 227-7001. Most disconnections can be completed by telephone, and specific instructions will be given for equipment returns.
- CNSNext Services: Most requests for upgrades to Internet and video service can be accomplished by calling our offices at (229) 227-7001. Please note that we for the health and safety of our staff and our customers, technicians are no longer to enter the premises for residential customers. If you are a commercial customer, please call our office to discuss options for establishing services.
Public Safety: The Thomasville Police Department and Thomasville Fire Rescue will continue to operate, with some modifications for the health and safety of our staff and our citizens.
Solid Waste: Temporarily, Solid Waste pick up has moved from backdoor pick up service to curbside pick up service only. Click here to view a map of collection days.
Recycling: Recycling centers will reopen on Monday, June 22nd for aluminum/metal cans and cardboard only. Please pay special attention to signage in the recycling area to limit contamination of recyclable material. Recycling of plastic material will remain suspended until further notice.
Commercial recycling of cardboard has also been resumed for customers with 8 cubic yard dumpsters only. Normal charges will be applied.
Payments for Utility Services: We understand the COVID-19 situation is uncertain for many of our customers. We also understand that our customers need access to their utility services during this time. If you are able to make your payment, you should continue to do so. A moratorium for utility disconnections for non-payment will be in effect until August 1. Until August 1, utility services for customers will not be subject to disconnection for non-payment and unpaid balances will not incur late fees or penalties. After this crisis resolves, we will work with customers who have had issues paying to work out payment arrangements for their outstanding balance. If you have questions about your account, please call us at (229) 227-7001.