Join a Winning Team - Application Procedures for the City of Thomasville
City of Thomasville
413 West Jackson Street
Thomasville, GA 31799
Fax: (229) 227-3332
The City of Thomasville seeks to engage, attract and retain the best workforce in South Georgia to serve our residents, visitors, and community. We have a workforce of approximately 450 employees in more than 20 departments and service areas that deliver exceptional customer service through a wide range of public and community endeavors. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, employee incentives, and growth opportunities.
Step 1 – How Do I Appply for a Job?
- Visit thomasville.org/jobs to review current openings.
- Click on interested job position to view the full job description.
- Job candidates are strongly encouraged to review the minimum job requirements included in the job description prior to applying.
- Click “Apply Now” at the top right-hand corner to begin the application process.
- Please ensure all applicable sections of the online application are completed Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- A resume and cover letter may be uploaded as additional information only but will not be accepted in lieu of a completed employment application or completed employment history section of the application.
- Qualified applications will be reviewed by the Human Resources department to determine if the minimum qualifications for the position are met.
Step 2 – Wait for Notification from Human Resources
- Qualified applicants will be contacted by the Human Resources department requesting the submission of additional documents (i.e., copies of two forms of identification, high school/college diploma, and NOTARIZED background check authorization form).
- Due to the high volume of applications received, we are not able to notify each applicant of their review status unless contacted for an interview.
- Job candidates must not contact the department where the vacancy exists. HR provides support to departments and job applicants throughout the hiring process.
Step 3 - Applications Selected for Interview Process
- Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by the Human Resources department to schedule an interview with the hiring department.
- Typically, no other notices will be sent to applicants until a candidate is selected for a job and the job opening is closed.
- Applicants selected for the job will receive a conditional job offer from the Human Resources department 1-2 weeks after the interview.
- From the day you apply to your first day on the job, this process can take up to about 90 days.
Important Notes for Job Applicants
- Applications can only be submitted via the online job portal accessed through thomasville.org. Any submission made through a third-party job search site (i.e. Indeed, Monster, etc.) does not constitute an application submission.
- Please note that job applications can only be completed through a desktop or laptop and not using a smart device like a cell phone or tablet.
- Incomplete employment applications will not be considered.
- Candidates for employment may only apply for one job at a time. The HR staff is available to assist job candidates select the vacancy that best suits their interests and qualifications.
- Candidates for all City positions must pass a pre-employment drug test prior to employment.
- If you don't see the job you're interested in, please click on "Notify Me" after you enter HR's online application portal.
If you require assistance at any stage of the application process due to a disability or any other reason, please contact Ricky Zambrano, City of Thomasville Recruitment Manager at (229) 227-7041 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Thomasville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran's status or national origin, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. The City of Thomasville does thorough pre-employment checks that may include previous employment references, criminal history check, education verification, and drug testing.